Los Angeles Department of Water & Power
Irrigation Restrictions Outdoor watering with sprinklers is restricted to three days a week with different watering days assigned to odd-numbered and even-numbered street addresses.
• Customers with odd-numbered street addresses – ending in 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9 – are allowed to use their sprinkler systems on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Customers with even-numbered street addresses – ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8 – are allowed to use their sprinkler systems on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
• Watering with sprinklers is limited to one cycle of up to 8 minutes per station per watering day for standard sprinkler systems (typical residential system), or two 15-minute cycles per watering day for water-conserving nozzle sprinkler systems.
• No watering is allowed outdoors between 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., regardless of the watering day.
• No watering is allowed outdoors during rain and for 48 hours after the rain.
• Hand–held hose watering with a self-closing shut-off nozzle on the hose is allowed every day of the week except for the 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. time period.
• No runoff is allowed onto streets, driveways and gutters from excessive watering.